Full Time – Arcana Studio (Current Remote Position) – Burnaby
Arcana Studio is looking for a VFX Artist with knowledge of animated feature film production. Effects are created in Houdini and are integrated into animated productions, we are looking for an artist to join our team and work with our VFX lead.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for VFX creation and feature film production.
- Taking and executing creative direction from Clients, Supervisors, or Producers
- Complete simple to complex simulations or dynamics
- Creating slap compositions from your own elements using Nuke
- Verifying your own exports using Maya
- Daily submission of your works in progress to team leads
- High attention to creative and technical details
- Proven ability to complete shots on schedule and under budget
- Taking responsibility for workload, time management, and notes required by clients or supervisors
- Ability to learn new techniques, and develop new workflows, with a keen eye for problem solving using every at your disposal.
- Preferred BC resident, or approved work permit.
- Preferred minimum of 1 year experience in Houdini on series or features
- Experienced with commonly used renderers such as Arnold or Mantra
- Basic understanding of Vex and Hscript
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color, and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
About Arcana Studio
Arcana is a Canadian comic book publisher and animation studio which specializes in the production of animated feature films. Since its launch in 2004, by founder and CEO Sean Patrick O’Reilly, Arcana has established itself as a successful entertainment company producing 9 animated feature films and an animated television series all from
their local Burnaby studio. Arcana has published over 400 graphic novels that boast over 5,000 comic book characters that transcend gender, age and cultural boundaries making Arcana the owner of one of the world’s largest libraries of graphic novels.
Arcana has successfully sold and adapted their massive library of intellectual properties into live action feature films, animated feature films, television series’, toys, video games and more! Arcana’s films have sold to over 100 countries worldwide, and have been distributed domestically by Lionsgate, Cinedigm, Shout Factory, Vertical Entertainment, and APTN among others.