Modeling and Surfacing Lead
Full Time – Arcana Studio – Burnaby
- Proficiency in Maya.
- More than 5 years of CG modeling/texturing experience required working in an Animation, Gaming or Digital Visual Effects Studio.
- Demonstrate a broad range of superior texturing and surfacing techniques for characters, props, sets and other content for 3D animated productions.
- Must be proficient in relevant software including Photoshop, ZBrush, and Arnold.
- Produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form for Maya models.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Produce highly optimized meshes that can be rendered and displayed efficiently for downstream departments such as Rigging, Layout and Lighting.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
- Ensure a high level of communication is maintained with all modellers and other department heads, particularly where situations arise that may compromise the quality or scheduled delivery of material.
- Efficiently document workflow and feedback from Leads or Supervisors.Proven ability in surfacing and shading; proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio with both photo realistic and cartoon based textures.
- Model and texture both props, complex and unique characters, vehicles, and environments.
- Interpret 2D designs and translate them into 3D space by utilizing software such as Maya, UV Layout, Z- Brush, and Substance all while maintaining the original artistic intent.
- Has a high degree of both knowledge and experience in other departments and Pipeline.
- Proactive at problem solving and self-reliant.
- Interact and cooperate with other departments to solve technical issues.
- Create procedural grooms as required for the project.
- Distribute and share knowledge regularly to assist in the ongoing development of innovative tools and or techniques for modelling.
- Able to build and texture unique and/or complicated sets.
- Able to build and texture unique and/or complicated characters.
- Able to build and texture vehicles.
- Work within/produce – topology/wire frame, turntables, character and/or environment.
- Assist with R & D development for new assets.
- Assist with training and mentoring Junior and Intermediate Artists.
Compensation is negotiable dependent on experience. Please send applications to email@example.com, and include a resume and demo reel, as well as a little bit about yourself in the body of the email.
About Arcana Studio
Arcana is a Canadian comic book publisher and animation studio which specializes in the production of animated feature films. Since its launch in 2004, by founder and CEO Sean Patrick O’Reilly, Arcana has established itself as a successful entertainment company producing 9 animated feature films and an animated television series all from
their local Burnaby studio. Arcana has published over 400 graphic novels that boast over 5,000 comic book characters that transcend gender, age and cultural boundaries making Arcana the owner of one of the world’s largest libraries of graphic novels.
Arcana has successfully sold and adapted their massive library of intellectual properties into live action feature films, animated feature films, television series’, toys, video games and more! Arcana’s films have sold to over 100 countries worldwide, and have been distributed domestically by Lionsgate, Cinedigm, Shout Factory, Vertical Entertainment,
and APTN among others.