Full Time – Arcana Studio – Burnaby
The Lead Lighter works closely with the CG Supervisor and production Directors to achieve the optimal look for the animated production.
- Work with the CG Supervisor to ensure lighting and rendering times are within the scope of the film’s technical infrastructure.
- Using proprietary tools, light scenes according to the story and Directors feedback while keeping render times optimized.
- Review and ensure that the lighting direction and use of defined lighting rigs is adhered to by other junior team members.
- Mentor junior lighting team members on their methods to achieve the production’s goals, creatively and technically.
- Observe ideas and department continuity in order to maintain consistency.
- Implement department technical solutions in collaboration with the CG Supervisor.
- Distribute and assist with assigning tasks to artists, in collaboration with the Production Manager.
- Provide strong artistic and technical expertise, while addressing artistic notes.
- Ensure shots are completed in a timely fashion, respecting deadlines set by the production team and the CG Supervisor.
- Ensure artistic consistency between shots.
- Submit shots for reviews and work closely with the team.
- Degree/diploma in fine arts or equivalent experience.
- 3 years experience in animated production/lighting.
- High skill level in compositing and lighting.
- Proficient knowledge of Maya, Nuke.
- Proficient knowledge of rendering practices and Arnold.
- Bonus if intermediate experience with MEL, Python, C++
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Compensation is negotiable dependent on experience. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a resume and demo reel, as well as a little bit about yourself in the body of the email.
About Arcana Studio
Arcana is a Canadian comic book publisher and animation studio which specializes in the production of animated feature films. Since its launch in 2004, by founder and CEO Sean Patrick O’Reilly, Arcana has established itself as a successful entertainment company producing 9 animated feature films and an animated television series all from
their local Burnaby studio. Arcana has published over 400 graphic novels that boast over 5,000 comic book characters that transcend gender, age and cultural boundaries making Arcana the owner of one of the world’s largest libraries of graphic novels.
Arcana has successfully sold and adapted their massive library of intellectual properties into live action feature films, animated feature films, television series’, toys, video games and more! Arcana’s films have sold to over 100 countries worldwide, and have been distributed domestically by Lionsgate, Cinedigm, Shout Factory, Vertical Entertainment, and APTN among others.