Animal Logic is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join its core R&D group, based in our new Vancouver studio, to help continue the evolution of its visual effects production tools and processes, especially in the areas of natural phenomena simulation, procedural geometry generation/amplification, and creature effects. The role will involve the development and support of tools and techniques in collaboration with our artistic staff.
You will be working alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world applying your technical skills to create new tools and techniques for generating stunning images.
You may have a background in film, animation, television, visualization or games fields. You may also have a strong interest and knowledge in mathematics, numerical methods or linear algebra.
- A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
- 5 or more years of experience in a related field.
- Software development experience using C++, ideally in high performance environments.
- Strong mathematical skills and familiarity with algorithms for numerical simulation.
- Ability to apply analytical and numerical techniques to large systems of differential equations.
- Willing to work in a production environment and collaborate with artistic staff.
- An ability to work in a challenging environment, take direction, and possess good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently for some tasks.
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX.
- Software development experience using Python.
- Experience using software profiling and optimisation tools e.g. vtune, valgrind.
- Working knowledge of relevant applications such as Houdini, Maya, including their APIs.
- Working knowledge of other relevant APIs or extension languages, such as OpenGL, Bullet, OpenVDB, CUDA, Boost, TBB, Qt or PyQt.
- An appreciation of design aesthetics.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please fill out our on-line application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commences in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Vancouver has some awesome opportunities available. So come and join us as we set up our Vancouver studio, build to our first production and grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.