Want to get paid to learn new skills and acquire great experience that can lead towards an exciting career in the animation/VFX industry? Want to go behind the scenes and learn about how our Technical Operations department contributes towards the success of our films? Want to participate in an internship at a world-class Oscar-winning studio where you get involved in various social activities and games, enjoy breakfast every day and Friday drinks? If you answered yes to the questions above, then Animal Logic wants to talk to you!
An exciting opportunity for a 3-month internship commencing in June 2019 has become available for a recent graduate interested in joining our Technical Operations department. The individual selected for this role may have the possibility of extending to a 12-month contract, dependent on studio resourcing needs.
Within the Technical Operations department, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and broaden your knowledge of technologies within TWO different teams, Digital Resources (Rendering) and Support Engineering (IT). This program will involve a detailed learning schedule, various workshops, and a project for you to complete within the 3-month time frame.
Some of the things you’ll get to do:
- Manage farm policies and prioritize resource allocations for shows, departments, and shots
- Identify, report, and resolve problems related to the rendering and data process
- Interact with proprietary API’s to modify render tasks and analyze metrics
- Report on disk-space usage, and allocate quotas for individual productions
- Ensure production requests are submitted and managed correctly through the proper tracking systems
- Routine securing of assets to tape, project archival, and corresponding restores
- Follow procedures and playbooks specified by the tech leads, engineers and supervisor
- Set-up and recovery of computers and other equipment
- Keep asset management system up to date following daily and weekly inventory counts
- Collaborate with the team to monitor key systems, applications, and infrastructure
- Work with the team on addressing tasks in the ticket queue
- Escalate system faults in a timely manner and ensure follow-through where required
- Participate in any other project tasks as needed
What you bring:
- Interest in computer science and animation
- Motivated and pro-active attitude with a willingness to learn
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing competing deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team players with great communication and interpersonal skills
The following would be considered a bonus:
- University degree in computer science/VFX
- Previous experience with technical support
- Experience using Linux, Windows and Mac platforms
- Computer graphics and/or rendering experience
- Knowledge of scripting – Python preferred, but not essential
- Customer service experience
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award-winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/0bacbcb11
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and Super Pets. Recent productions include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!