Are you a Technical Assistant interested in working with our Animation team in Vancouver?! The Technical Assistant will troubleshoot, help artists with specific issues, and report or track those issues with the Performance TDs.
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, design procedures, techniques and tools that will enable these to be met
- Troubleshoot and provide end user support within the Animation Software and proprietary tools, escalate where necessary
- Test and validate new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Maya) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environments
- Provide feedback to ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (eg. Assets, Layout, Assembly) and provide input where required to maximise efficiency and quality
- Debug render issues for the Animation reviews
- Assist with the QC process of shots moving in and out of the Animation department
- Create and update documentation that supports the Technical Animation processes
- Establish close partnership with Animation staff and other TD groups
- Maintain a clean common facility pipeline (tools, automation, practices) across multiple shows at the same time
What you bring:
- 1 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature or equivalent education
- Experience supporting Animators and working with rigging methods is preferable
- Basic understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character motion
- An understanding of the 3D animation pipelines and the applicable tools
- Experience using Maya in a production environment is preferable
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus and knowledge of USD is a bonus
- Ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
- Pro-active problem solving within parameters and the ability to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Adaptable and calm while balancing workload with artist and production needs
- Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Ability to work collaboratively, build relationships and share knowledge
- Efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas with attention to detail
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!