Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Are you a Technical Animator who is interested in working on our first Animated Feature in Vancouver? The position involves supporting the Animators and working through any technical issues with them. You will troubleshoot issues that will help with the shot animator’s workflow as well as report and track these issues with Performance TD’s. This role would suit someone who enjoys problem solving and technical issues as this is not a creative role.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and user support within the Animation Software and Proprietary tools
- Test and validate new releases of workflow tools with XSI and in the Farm environment
- Assist Animators with day to day issues and glitches and eventually escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable
- Debug render issues for the Animation reviews
- Assist with technical workflow and with the QC process of shots moving in and out of the Animation department
- Communicate and promote repeatable, pipeline based workflows that will ensure data security and efficiency throughout the whole production
- Create and update documentation that supports the Animation processes
- Develop and understand the processes of the adjoining departments (eg. surfacing, assembly)
- Establish close partnership with Animation staff and other TD groups
What you bring:
- 1 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- Experience supporting animators is preferable
- Experience with Rigging methods is preferable
- Experience using Linux in a production environment is preferable
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus
- Basic Understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character motion
- Understanding of 3D software packages applicable to XSI and Maya is preferable
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving and finding solutions within the parameters you’re presented with
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment; build relationships across departments, including global teams, and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical manner and artistic manner
- Self-motivated with strong organisational and time management skills
- An inquisitive mind with excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow through on suggested solutions
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/sbv4w4u21
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!