Animal Logic is seeking an experienced Team Lead who will provide leadership to one or more Java development teams through specification, design, implementation and delivery of software and tools.
The successful candidate will interact regularly with technology departments, leads in the various production departments and will be directly involved in the development and maintenance of production tracking and reporting systems; digital asset management systems; and database systems that play a key role in automating our production pipeline.
The Team Lead will be responsible for the overall planning and development processes, technical architecture and quality standards, in addition to hiring, career development and coaching of team members.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead teams of software developers contributing to production tracking and render farm management systems
- Liaise with vendors, technology providers, and partners that are directly connected to the systems and tools maintained by the development teams
- Prototype and design relevant software systems
- Contribute to design and oversee implementation of cross-project technical solutions
- Work with program managers and technical leads to develop roadmaps and technical plans for projects or ongoing development
- Monitor status of development work and mitigate any deviations, where possible
What you bring:
- A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science or related
- At least 2 years team leadership experience
- At least 8 years Java development experience including exposure to:
- Spring, JMS, Web Services, GWT
- Multi-site architectures
- AKKA and the Actor Model
- Agile methodologies
- Experience leading full-stack development teams and knowledge of modern frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Continuous integration/deployment
- Previous technical leadership and mentorship experience across multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Previous experience gathering and documenting requirements
- Successful delivery of team projects to a schedule
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the current state of modern software development practices and issues
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/435f8c041
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Alien: Covenant. See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!