Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the global Pipeline team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver). The Software Engineer will be primarily focused on integrating our existing proprietary production tracking and asset management systems with Shotgun for use in production.
The Software Engineer will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry as well as Shotgun and its API, and will have an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew. They will have demonstrated capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
Please note this role is a 6-month contract.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop tools in Python to efficiently synchronise data between Shotgun and Animal Logic’s internal systems
- Develop an understanding of production requirements and workflows
- Troubleshoot issues reported by production
- Communicate appropriately with technical and creative crew
What you bring:
- Experience with Shotgun, in particular the Python API and event daemon
- A third-level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Software Development, preferably in VFX, Animation or Games
- Strong software design and engineering skills: familiarity with design patterns and their appropriate use
- Strong skills in Python
- Familiarity with event-driven workflows
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Familiarity with Git and Github, various build and CI systems
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture
- Performance Analysis, Debugging and Optimisation
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/a60afb741
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and is creating visual effects for Captain Marvel. Recent productions include The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!