Are you interested in working on our state-of-the-art Glimpse renderer used by hundreds of artists in a production environment? Glimpse is a complete production renderer used for all of Animal Logic’s feature animation and visual effects work. If the answer is yes, then read on!
What you’ll get to do:
- Work on all aspects of the renderer, including scene representation, render and sampling engine, raytracer, shading system: everything required for generating highly realistic images for our films
- Create and maintain tools that are directly used in our lighting, shading, and compositing workflows
- Closely collaborate with technically minded artists to design, implement and rapidly deploy into production
- Be part of a small, dynamic and self-motivated team of individuals with varied backgrounds
- Take on responsibility, get stuff done, and make our artists happy!
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ experience developing rendering software using modern C++
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Have a background in film, animation, television, visualization, games, or come fresh out of academia with a strong focus on computer graphics
- Thorough understanding of photorealistic rendering, light transport and global illumination techniques
- A passion for algorithms, optimization, and data structures
- Good mathematical skills and familiarity with numerical methods, probability and statistics
- The ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills
And you might also have:
- Real-time rendering experience
- Raytracing and shading technologies such as Embree and RSL/OSL/GLSL
- Developing high-throughput algorithms on GPUs
- Writing high performance code, with a good understanding of parallel programming, compilers and optimization
- Familiarity with DCC applications such as Houdini and Maya, including their APIs
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!