Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Software Engineer – Full Stack Developer. The Software Engineer – Full Stack Developer works as a part of the Production Systems Development Team across multiple sites to ensure that core systems, such as production tracking and reporting systems, digital asset management systems and event driven systems play a key role in automating our production pipeline. They design, develop and maintain robust and scalable software and to develop technical plans to achieve these goals and engage with business stakeholders to elicit requirements and incorporate feedback throughout the development lifecycle. This is a fulltime, permanent role that reports to the Software Development Manager.
- Execute the full software development lifecycle in Vancouver office
- Adheres to R&D best practices of software development, including, solution design / review, source version control, code reviews, testing, including TDD, release management
- Work with development team to ensure that the core tool infrastructure is operational and performing
- Research and utilize best of breed technologies and incorporate into the development lifecycle
- Support, monitor and troubleshoot complex production applications
- Participate in development meetings with emphasis on inspecting and adapting processes that improve the development lifecycle
- Work with production team to understand requirements and build quality software that meet these needs
- Build technical and user documentation to support the systems and software tools
- 3+ years of commercial Java development experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in software development in the same or similar industry is preferred
- Extensive experience designing and developing software, software tools and the full software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields
- Ability to work with existing development processes and codebase
- Solid understanding of Data Models and Relational Databases
- Previous experience designing and developing robust and scalable systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and estimating abilities
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
Salary range CAD$75-90k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature has commenced with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!