Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work as a part of the global development team to continue the evolution of its animation production tools and processes, especially in the areas of animation and rigging. This is a fulltime, permanent role that reports to the R&D Development Lead.
- Work on core tools, plugins, nodes and applications used by Animation and Rigging
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world and have an opportunity to make significant and varied contributions to a modern and unique Character Animation Pipeline
- Be at the centre of the continued development of a pipeline that is both very recent and ripe with opportunities as well as established and proven on high-end productions, and make a significant contribution to our large roster of upcoming feature animation and film VFX productions
- At least 2 years proven experience working directly on, and in close collaboration with users of, rigging and animation tools
- Knowledge and experience of current rigging, animation and deformation techniques and algorithms
- Demonstrable knowledge of a high end DCC application and its API (Maya, XSI or Houdini)
- Proficient Python Developer
- Intermediate or above C++ knowledge including performance optimisation
- A tertiary qualification in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrable equivalent experience applicable to mathematical and engineering tasks
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Ability to work as part of a team and flexibility to work alternatively to both strict specifications and more open and creative challenges
- A passion for regularly working with end-user clients and production staff
The following will be considered a bonus, and might become required learning during your contribution to the project:
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
- UI/UX design and development experience
- More advanced C++ skill level
- GPU development skills
Salary range CAD$80 – 120k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature has commenced with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800.
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!