Are you a Senior Lighting Artist available now and interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?! The Senior Lighting Artist uses creative and technical skills to light shots and sequences; facilitating shots through the lighting and rendering pipeline. This position is a short-term contract.
What you’ll get to do:
- Bring shots from lighting production through to finalising based on project deadlines and milestone goals
- Follow Supervisor and Leads direction to create and design lighting for complex scenes; look developed assets, animation files and FX elements
- Polish the lighting on a shot and composite together assets and environment renders into a final shot, troubleshooting any issues
- Use appropriate compositing software to create a composite tree that combines the rendered levels and adjust the final composite until it meets the vision of the Directors and Supervisors
- Work closely with the Lighting Leads to adapt lighting rigs
- Communicate updates and track data per Production direction
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by supporting new tool development
- Work with the Creative leads to interpret the visual goals in context of the tools and processes of the project
- Work with the Creative leads to ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
- Communicate schedule implications in of visual requirements
- Provide direct visual support/feedback to artists where required
- Mentor less experienced digital artists, Producers and Production Management by sharing expertise
What you bring:
- 5 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 5 + years’ experience in Lighting
- Working knowledge of Lighting in Maya
- Must have a good “eye”, and a good understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and lighting design
- Knowledge of rendering workflows
- Experience using MEL and/or Python, Maya, Renderman, Mayaman, Nuke
- Completion of degree program or working equivalent
- Advanced level of understanding of compositing and colour theory
- Demonstrate solid knowledge in pipeline development
- Have a thorough understanding the film post production process
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, design procedures and techniques
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Strong written and oral communication in English
- Ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/1aef5ad81
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!