Are you a Render Wrangler interested in working with us?! The Render Wrangler ensures render jobs within production are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. Working closely with other Technical Resources divisions and end users, this position will ensure the render-queuing system (farm) is constantly monitored to help achieve efficient and trouble free rendering; and for safeguarding and manipulating (data) assets, and providing a range of data management services to Production.
Please note that this position is a 12:00pm to 9:00pm shift.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with artists and Render Lead to diagnose production rendering problems
- Monitor production render queues and respond to identified errors/faults
- Manage production render resource allocations
- Work with production to identify render farm priorities (shows, department, shots) and do job retries
- Ensure production requests are submitted correctly, and handled through the proper tracking systems
- Analyse, report, and escalate system failures to System Administration where required
- Work with the Render Lead and artists on the delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for animation of film
- Where appropriate, provide ideas to the Render Lead to assist in developing and refining efficiency of render wrangling on animated feature films
- Work with Render Lead, production and tech staff to determine render projections
- Continually display strong commitment to client service
- Report on disk-space usage, and allocating quotas, for individual productions
- Routine securing of assets to tape, project archival, and corresponding restores
- Turnovers and deliveries of external media
- Production-testing of in-house asset management system(s)
What you bring:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Experience using Linux, Windows and Mac platforms
- Experience with animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Python, Nuke
- Familiarity with most basic system artist tools and processes
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
- Good trouble shooting and reporting skills
- Strong team player with great client service and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize request with competing deadlines
- Interest in computer animation and visual effects is an asset
- University degree in animation/VFX is preferred
The following experience will be highly regarded:
- Previous experience in a technical support position
- Previous experience in a TVC or film digital production environment
- Technical qualifications at secondary or tertiary level
- Computer graphics and/or rendering experience
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/etafjfof1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!