Are you a Render and Data Wrangler interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! The Render and Data Wrangler works within the Digital Resources team. They are responsible to assess the animation with the Lead, before its final output to film and video as well as for adding texture, lighting and depth to the original wireframe animation.
Please note that this position includes variable shift work.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with other artists on the delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for an animated feature film
- Work with production to identify priorities (sequences, dept, shots)
- Provide ideas to assist in developing and refining efficiency of Animation and Render pipelines
- Act as point of contact for production to communicate needs
- Monitor 3D animation render queues and respond to identified errors/faults when required
- Diagnose problems in conjunction with the artists and production
- Manage resource allocations, including people and systems
- Escalate issues in a timely manner and ensure follow through
- Monitor critical systems in Zabbix/Grafana; analyse and report system failures
- Facilitate and monitor the global syncing of assets between sites
- Work with the equivalent team in the other global site/sites
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ experience working in a VFX/Animation production environment
- 1+ years’ experience monitoring render queues and diagnosing rendering problems
- Previous experience in a digital artist support position within a Linux environment
- University or college degree in animation/VFX is required
- Knowledge of animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Nuke
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
- Familiarity with artist scripting languages (eg. Perl, Python)
- Strong client service and communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a
- technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve with competing deadlines
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!