Are you a Pipeline TD interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! The Pipeline TD (Performance) is responsible for supporting creative and visual objectives through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction, and tool development. They will work closely with the Performance (Animation, Assembly, and Layout), Editorial, and R&D teams to ensure a standardized approach. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the CG Supervisor and Artist Management.
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, design procedures, techniques and tools that will enable these to be met
- Assist the Performance and Editorial teams with day to day issues and escalating through the right channels when necessary
- Ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by leading development of new tools
- Take responsibility for the optimization of the department workflow
- Test and validate new pipeline tool releases, interactive (Maya) and automated (Farm), within Production tool and Farm environments
- Report on and communicate issues back to the Performance Departments and R&D. Track and resolve issues in partnership with R&D
- Maintain a clean common facility pipeline (tools, automation, practices) across multiple shows at the same time
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments, provide input where required to maximize efficiency and quality
- Create and update technical documentation for Performance processes
- Establish close partnerships with Performance and Editorial staff, Supervisors, and other TD groups
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- Proven pipeline TD experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films
- Experience using and troubleshooting in Maya (or other similar softwares)
- Solid knowledge in Python and knowledge of RV, VCS, SVN, GIT, Mercurial or others, as well as PyQt or other GUI toolkit
- Degree in Animation, Film, Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Math or Physics, or equivalent combination of education & work experience in animation/VFX
- An understanding of traditional animation and layout techniques
- Understanding of colourspace and its integration into a colour managed workflow
- A comprehensive understanding of the 3D animation pipelines and the applicable tools
- Ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Knowledge of concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval
- An understanding of USD and its general concepts is a bonus
- Experience with XSI, Houdini, Nuke, AVID, Baselight, or Nucoda is a bonus
- Ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
- Pro-active problem solving within parameters
- Adaptable and calm while balancing workload with artist and production needs
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Ability to work collaboratively, build relationships, share knowledge and mentor others
- Efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/a1f8cb251
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and Super Pets. Recent productions include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!