We are looking for a Pipeline TD to join our Lighting team! The Lighting TD is responsible for supporting the creative and visual objectives of the Lighting Team through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction, and tool development. They will work closely with the lighting and comp artists, Lighting Supervisor, other TDs, and R&D teams to ensure a common and standardised approach to the workflow, tool development and support.
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, and design procedures, techniques and tools that will enable these to be met
- Assist the Lighting team with day to day issues and escalating through the right channels when necessary
- Ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by leading development of new tools
- Take responsibility for the optimisation of the workflow of the department
- Testing and validating new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Maya/Proprietary Software) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environments
- Liaise with R&D to ensure compliance with internal best practices
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments, provide input where required to maximize efficiency and quality
- Creating and updating technical documentation for Lighting processes
- Establish close partnership with Lighting staff and other TD groups
- Implements strategies/efficiencies in render requirements
- 3 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- Proven pipeline TD experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films
- Degree in Animation, Film, Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Maths or Physics, or equivalent combination of education & work experience in animation/VFX
- Thorough understanding of compositing and colour theory
- Proven experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and developing tools in industry standard software (including Maya, Nuke, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in Python language (C++ as a bonus)
- Advanced level of understanding of 3D packages, rendering technologies, and Lighting principles
- A comprehensive understanding of 3D tools in Nuke and 3D matrices
- Knowledge or experience with USD is a bonus
- Ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Pro-active problem solving within parameters
- Ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
- Efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Adaptable and calm while balancing workload with artist and production needs
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Ability to work collaboratively, build relationships and share knowledge
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!