Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Pipeline TD. The Pipeline TD will work collaboratively with the Vancouver FX Supervisor, Sydney FX TDs and R&D teams to ensure a common and standardised approach to the workflow, tool development and support. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the CG Supervisor and Artist Management.
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, and design procedures, techniques and tools that will enable these to be met
- Responsible for creative problem solving in relation to complex pipelines and FX, user support, environment and character pipeline development, environment shot assembly and technical direction
- Take responsibility for the optimisation of the department workflow
- Work closely with the FX Supervisor to research and develop department specific tools, maintain existing tools and plan for the future show/studio needs
- Testing and validating new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Houdini) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environments
- Liaise with the R&D team to ensure compliance with current internal best practices
- Effectively report on and communicate issues and work arounds back to the visual Departments and RND, tracking and resolving issues in partnership with RND
- Assist the FX team with day to day issues and glitches and eventually escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable
- Anticipate potential issues and create fixes before problems arise
- Provide training to the artists for new tools
- Contribute to the FX department’s technical platform documentation
- Long term planning for future projects
What you bring:
- 5 + years’ proven TD experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 5 + years’ experience using and troubleshooting in Houdini software
- Experience in, Maya, Mari, Nuke, XSI considered a bonus
- Experience with a large scale facility pipeline
- Knowledge/experience in Python language
- Degree in media arts, graphic design, computer science/engineering or physics; or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Working knowledge of source control systems, PyQt or other GUI toolkit
- Working knowledge of concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval
- The ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving and finding solutions within the parameters you’re presented with
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment; build relationships across departments, including global teams, and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of artists and production deadlines
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical manner and artistic manner
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Self-motivated with strong organisational and time management skills
- An inquisitive mind with excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow through on suggested solutions
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/3ccdf9021
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Alien: Covenant. See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!