Are you an Asset TD interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! The Pipeline TD (Assets) will work collaboratively with the Vancouver Department Supervisors, Sydney Department TDs and R&D teams to ensure a common and standardised approach to the workflow, tool development and support.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for creative problem solving in relation to complex pipelines and assets, user support, environment and character pipeline development, environment shot assembly and technical direction
- Take responsibility for the optimisation of the workflow of the department
- Work closely with the Department Supervisor to research and develop department specific tools, maintain existing tools and plan for the future show/studio needs
- Test and validate new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Maya/XSI) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environments
- Ensure the department is technically well supported
- Liaise with the R&D team to ensure compliance with current internal best practices
- Effectively report on and communicate issues and work arounds back to the Performance Departments and RND, tracking and resolving issues in partnership with RND
- Assist Artists with day to day issues and glitches; escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable
- Anticipate potential issues and create fixes before problems arise
- Provide training to the artists for new tools
- Contribute to the documentation of the Asset department’s technical platform
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ proven TD experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3 + years’ experience using and troubleshooting in software packages such as Maya, Mari
- Experience in XSI, Houdini, Nuke, considered a bonus
- Experience with a large facility pipeline
- Programming experience in Python
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Physics or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of source control systems, PyQt or other GUI toolkit
- Knowledge of concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval
- Ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise with the ability to find solutions within the parameters you’re presented with
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner in English language
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment; build relationships across departments, including global teams, and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines
- An inquisitive mind with excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow through on suggested solutions
- Ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and remain calm under pressure
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/727b23c51
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!