Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for Rigging Artists. The Rigging Artist will work closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Rigging Supervisor and Artist Management.
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Python Rigging API. This includes:
- Following a brief to produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard
- Ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements
- Develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements
- Supporting rigs as they move through the animation pipeline
- Adhere to deadlines and communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with production
- 3+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Rigging
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Software development experience using Python, and relevant application API
- Experience with both mechanical and/or organic type rigs
- Production proven knowledge of rigging in either XSI or Maya
- Solid understanding of OOP in Python and learning/working to proprietary APIs
- Solid understanding and ability to apply foundation knowledge of pertinent mathematical disciplines (basics of linear algebra and trigonometry as required)
- Production proven knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with an understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
- Proven ability to create and deliver production ready rigs
- C++ knowledge helpful but not mandatory
- Proven technical and visual skills, excellent attention to detail
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or rigs moving forward
Salary range CAD$80 – 120k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We have teams based in Sydney, LA and most recently Vancouver, within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part has just wrapped, with more animated features in the pipeline including DC’s Super Pets! Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800.
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and Super Pets. Recent productions include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!