Are you a Lighting Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?! The Lighting Artist uses creative and technical skills to light shots and sequences; facilitating shots through the lighting and rendering pipeline.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with the Creative leads to interpret the visual goals in context of the tools and processes of the project
- Polish the lighting on a shot and composite together assets and environment renders into a final shot
- Use appropriate compositing software to create a composite tree that combines the rendered levels and adjust the final composite until it meets the vision of the Directors and Supervisors
- Maintain consistency of lighting across all shots
- Troubleshoot common rendering issues
- Bring shots from lighting production through to finalising based on project deadlines and milestone goals
- Work closely with the Lighting Leads to establish key lighting and adapt lighting rigs
- Follow Supervisor and Leads direction to create and design lighting for complex scenes; look developed assets, animation files and FX elements
- Communicate updates and track data per Production direction
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ CG Experience
- Experience on animated features a bonus
- Experience using the following software: Maya, Nuke
- Completion of degree program or working equivalent
- Sound level of understanding of 3D packages and rendering technology
- Sound level of understanding of compositing and colour theory
- Have a thorough understanding of the film post production process
- Must have a good “eye”, and a good understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and lighting design
- Knowledge of rendering workflows
- Understand visual requirements for film, and design procedures and techniques to support the visual goals
- Understand the role and importance that lighting plays in the story-telling process
- Knowledge of Python or MEL in production is a plus
- Ability to take direction
- Able to communicate and interact positively in a collaborative group environment
- Pro-active and can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/88e6b0bc1
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!