Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Are you a Lead Layout Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?!
What you’ll get to do:
- Motivate, lead, and provide direction to Layout Artists within your team
- Collaborate closely with the Animation Director, Supervisors, Leads, and Technical Directors
- Create high quality cinematography in line with the Director’s vision
- Learn the proprietary tools and systems at Animal Logic
- Promote innovative ideas and approaches between different work groups and individuals
- Communicate with adjoining departments to ensure we are all working toward the same goal
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ experience working in CG on feature animation, VFX projects or TV Series as part of layout and/or previs team
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- Experience in high-level camera animation and scene set-up, and having an eye for picture composition and attention to detail
- Proven ability of editing and ensuring continuity over a sequence of shots and the film
- 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular XSI, Maya and compositing software
- Layout/previs techniques such as traditional camera techniques, staging and framing rules
- Cinematography and understanding of translating storyboards to 3d and scene layout
- Passion in Layout, picture cinematography, cinematographic history, staging and directing
- Ability to direct and lead a team of layout artists, keeping them motivated and on track
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Maintain a flexible approach with the ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize work to achieve deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Problem solving skills with the ability to balance quick turnaround while maintaining long term quality
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/1ig30o1
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, and Peter Rabbit. Animal Logic is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!