Are you an FX Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?!
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop an understanding for the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Develop particle and fluid simulations with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (e.g. Lighting and Compositing) and communicate with these departments as needed
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3+ years’ experience in working on FX and simulations using Houdini FX tools (Maya experience a Bonus)
- Production experience using Houdini: SOPs/DOPs/POPs essential
- Production experience using Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
- Understanding of traditional animation techniques, i.e. squash and stretch, anticipation, and key framing
- Ability to craft Non Photoreal FX, from a creative brief
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
Please include in your reel examples of:
- Complex and problem solving FX shot work
- Houdini simulations
- Any digital assets and setups you’ve contributed to, created or developed yourself
- Any macro FX or miniature FX work a bonus!
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/e76e41831
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!