Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Fix Animator. The Fix Animator will produce high quality performance animation that is in line with the Director’s creative vision to level expectations, while working through and assisting with any technical issues that may arise within Animation team. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Animation Supervisor and Artist Management.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and user support within the Animation Software and Proprietary tools
- Testing and validating new releases of workflow tools with XSI and in the Farm environment
- Assist Animators with day to day issues and glitches and eventually escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable
- Bring all significant issues to the attention of the Department Lead/Supervisor and help to resolve them
- Assisting with technical workflow for the Animation department
- Debugging render issues for the Animation reviews
- Assisting with the QC process of shots moving in and out of the Animation department
- Develop an understanding of the processes of the adjoining departments (eg. surfacing, assembly)
- Animate using effective storytelling skills, through knowledge of camera angles and framing shots
- Produce high quality animation in line with the Directors creative vision and brief received from lead and supervisor to level expectation
- Help provide suggestions to creative briefs through existing tools & processes
- Communicate and promote repeatable, pipeline based workflows that will ensure data security and efficiency throughout the whole production
- Creating and updating documentation that supports the Animation processes
- Establish close partnership with Animation staff and other TD groups
- 1 + years’ experience on an animated feature working as a Technical Animator
- Experience supporting animators
- Experience with Rigging methods is preferable
- Experience using Linux in a production environment is preferable
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus
- Understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character motion
- Experience using software packages applicable to Softimage XSI and Maya
- Professional experience utilizing LDD software
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving and finding solutions within the parameters you’re presented with
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical manner and artistic manner
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
Salary range CAD$54,080 -70,000 and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature has commenced with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). In 2017, Animal Logic completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!