Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Are you a Final Layout Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?! The Final Layout Artist is responsible for camera polishing, stereo, final set dressing and picture compositing.
What you’ll get to do:
- Finalising the cinematic staging and camera positioning as directed by the Layout Supervisor or Director
- Work closely with the Layout Leads and Supervisor to polish camera animation and lensing style which is in alignment with, the film director’s vision for the film and its narrative
- Clearly understand the creative requirements of a sequence and deliver these creative goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard
- Work closely with the Stereo department to implement stereo qualities into the narrative
- Provide technical setups of shots to downstream departments
- Keep abreast of relevant and related emerging techniques and technologies
- Adhere to deadlines and anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with Production
- Help provide solutions to creative briefs through existing tools & processes
- Understand department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience working in CG on feature animation, VFX projects or TV Series
- 3+ years’ experience in Final Layout and/or Stereo team
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- Previous experience in Stereo is a bonus
- Working knowledge and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular XSI and Maya
- Working knowledge and understanding of camera polishing and composition techniques such as f/stop and framing rules
- Working knowledge of camera animation, scene set-up and set dressing
- Ability to produce high-level camera work with an in depth knowledge of framing, composition and cinematography
- An understanding of editing and ensuring continuity over a sequence of shots and the film
- Excellent visual communication skills including but not limited to drawing
- Recognized post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field is preferable
- A demonstrated passion in camera animation, picture cinematography, cinematographic history, staging and directing
- Enthusiasm, positivity, initiative and talent, coupled with an understanding for taking direction
- Have an “eye” for picture composition and attention to detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Maintain a flexible approach with the ability to achieve deadlines within a team environment while under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Have the ability to listen and be open to all feedback given
- Open to new workflows and tool sets
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/1f4ae2a41
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!