Are you a Modeller interested in working with us on Super Pets?! The Environment Modelling Artist will interpret a variety of media from our art department and create applicable, working 3D models back into the pipeline ready for utilisation by other departments.
What you’ll get to do:
- Interpret 2D designs and translate them into 3D models using software such as Maya, UV Layout and Z-Brush, all while maintaining the original artistic intent
- Produce accurate UVs for your models to be used by downstream departments
- Produce complex environments using the models you create and our proprietary environment software and workflow
- Produce highly-optimized meshes that can be rendered and displayed efficiently for downstream departments such as Rigging, Layout and Lighting
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline
- Ensure a high level of communication is maintained with the Model Lead and Supervisor, particularly where situations arise that may compromise the quality or scheduled delivery of material
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Environment Modelling
- High degree of proficiency in Maya producing props and environment models
- Experience with Houdini and/or Z-Brush as a bonus
- Strong understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long-term quality
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively, within a team environment
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward
What you should demonstrate in your demo reel/portfolio:
- Feature-animation-quality, stylized environments and props
- Proficiency in hard surface modelling techniques and topology
- Solid understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density
- Solid understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models
- Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within animation environment
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!