You are meticulous with your work and find satisfaction in producing a visual result at the highest level. You can balance your attention to detail and your eye for quality with an understanding of colour theory. You promote knowledge sharing and work with others to ensure animated features are ready for audiences across the globe!
We are seeking a DI Editor to join our team on our animated feature, Super Pets! The DI Editor is responsible for conforming and maintaining the online edit of an animation feature film, this may include updating shots and quality control.
What you’ll get to do:
- Conforms and maintains online edit to accurately match the offline edit
- Supports the needs of the DI department and its team members
- Updates shots in online edits
- Quality checks edit accuracy before work leaves the department
- Confirms that all shot versions for mastering are approved and correct
- Matches any relevant optical effects in Baselight
- Basic compositing with Baselight
- Works with adjacent departments (eg. Editorial, Compositing) to understand their processes and how DI fits in the feature animation pipeline
- Works with and understands Animal’s shot pipeline, including status and note mechanisms
- Stays up-to-date on shot delivery tools and processes, output methods, and deliverable types
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in Editorial or DI
- Experience in animated features or VFX films
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Completion of degree program or working equivalent
- Solid understanding of Baselight or equivalent software
- Solid understanding of AVID or other comparable editorial software
- Experience with shot tracking databases (eg. Shotgun)
- An understanding of colour theory
- An understanding of file formats and codecs
- Ability to produce a visual result at the highest level
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional team player; promotes knowledge sharing and collaboration within a team and across adjacent departments
- Excellence in problem solving, balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Excellent attention to detail; efficiently organises and prioritises work across multiple areas
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!