Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Concept Artist. The Concept Artist works closely with the Production Designer and Art director to visually explore all aspects of the production. They define for the client and the crew the intended visual direction required. The Concept Artist will be able to cover a range of specialist skills, including character design, props and environment design, key lighting frames and colour boards. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Production Designer and Artist Management.
- Understand the projects creative objectives
- Research and source as required any imagery to help with the production of the concept art
- Work closely with the Production Designer/Art Director to visually explore key moments of the production
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Understand and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork
- Create high quality images to capture the mood, lighting and action of the written scenario
- Prepare for and participate in regular work-in-progress reviews, presentations, and briefings from the director
- Prioritize and problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films or TV series
- Experience in designing with LDD (Lego Digital Designer)
- Experience in designing lighting setups
- Experience working in a CG pipeline and within a CG 3D environment, with a focus in creating colourscript and colour keys
- Experience in designing environments based on brief or description from art director
- Experience in creating assets for other crafts to use, such as Modelling and Matte Painting
- Skilled in producing quick sketch ideas and iterations
- Strong drawing skills that display a knowledge of anatomy, perspective and design
- The ability to produce art work that can be translated easily by the 3d modelling department
- Excellent skills in Photoshop, LDD, Maya, Zbrush, and Nuke
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Salary range CAD$54,080 – 79,999 and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature has commenced with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!