Are you an Assistant Editor interested in working on our first Animated Feature in Vancouver?! The Assistant Editor will be responsible to support the shot departments and maintain the integrity of the edits. You will be ingesting shots and conforming edits as well as outputting scene deliveries and reference edits to production.
What you’ll get to do:
- Publish scene edits to production
- Communicate edit changes to production
- Update edits with the latest production shots
- Create change lists & scene reports
- Maintain Avid project structure
- Ingest and conform media
- Manage Avid Media
- Export and deliver files as required
- Troubleshoot shot queries from production
- Prep sequences for review
- Run internal crew and supervisor screenings
- QC of shots and sequences
- Ensure Edit Tools are functioning correctly and reporting issues to the Edit TD
- Contribute new ideas and solutions to the Animal Logic workflow
- Maintain integrity of the workflow and shot pipeline
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ experience on feature films or TV (animation experience preferable)
- 3 + years’ experience in Editorial
- Proficiency in Avid MediaComposer
- Strong understanding of feature animation / vfx project setups and workflows
- An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of industry software and customized tools
- Knowledge of both technical and creative editing skills
- Ability to work cohesively, efficiently and positively within a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and handle quick turnarounds
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accurate and proactive attitude
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work while remaining calm under pressure
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: https://grnh.se/058b8ad31
Animal Logic recently completed production on Peter Rabbit, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, and is currently in production on The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!