Are you an Assembly & Final Layout Artist with high attention to detail and an “eye” for picture composition? The Assembly & Final Layout Artist is responsible for setting up shots, camera polishing, set dressing, picture composition, and stereo. They ensure that the required assets are installed; check for consistency and continuity of set dressing as well as camera and lensing work. They provide support to all downstream departments throughout production.
What you’ll get to do:
- Conform timing and casting of shots, provided by Rough Layout, to the edit of the sequence
- Maintain asset breakdown, troubleshoot shot builds and QC for delivery to downstream departments
- Set dress shots based on the desired look of the film, working with the Production Designer and Art Director
- Collaborate with and support the Animation department with camera framing and “work in progress” animation
- Finalize the cinematic staging, camera positioning, camera settings and composition as directed by the Layout Supervisor or Director
- Be aware of the creative requirements of a sequence and therefore ensuring continuity between shots
- Adhere to deadlines and anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with Production.
- Become proficient with the proprietary tools and provide feedback; understand the department’s role within the studio pipeline
- Keep abreast of relevant and related emerging techniques and technologies
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Layout
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel
- Proven ability to deliver high quality shots within production deadlines
- Recognised post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field is preferable
- Working knowledge and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular Maya
- Ability to produce camera work using knowledge and understanding of camera polishing and camera settings such as focal lengths, depth of field and f-stop
- Knowledge and experience with asset management and production tracking software
- Knowledge of shot based set dressing techniques to provide artistic quality to the sequence
- An understanding of editing and continuity over a sequence of shots and a film
- Enthusiasm, positivity, initiative and talent, coupled with an understanding for taking direction
- Ability to maintain a flexible approach with an openness to new workflows and tool sets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to receive and apply feedback, sharing knowledge as needed
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
What you should demonstrate in your demo reel/portfolio:
- Camera work that demonstrates use of camera polishing and camera settings such as focal lengths, depth of field and f-stop
- The ability to maintain continuity over a sequence of shots and a film
- Examples of set dressing
- “Eye” for picture composition and attention to detail
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!