Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a 1st Assistant Editor. The 1st Assistant Editor will bring solutions to edit workflows and the production pipeline. They oversee the efficient and accurate handling of all edit tasks; encouraging a positive, motivated and proactive team of Assistant Editors who support the studio shot departments. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to CG Supervisor and Artist Management.
- Lead a team of Assistant Editors, manage their time, priorities and project-specific knowledge
- Collaborate with artists, directors, production to deliver a successful film
- Discuss requirements and needs of department heads to better understand their vision and support their flow of shots through edit
- Ensure the delivery of all video/image/audio requests to the top film editor, production and external vendors from editorial
- Communicate the day to day status of scenes/cuts along with any Edit needs to production
- Prep/conform cuts at various stages including Storyboard, Layout, Animation
- Responsible for the final checking and delivery of files for screenings
- Responsible for finding solutions to improve and maintain time efficient editing workflows
- Implement and manage the Avid project structure
- Understand and manage Avid Media Composer’s use of MXF media, including render files
- Ensure all editors hardware/software runs correctly with minimal issues, reporting any concerns
- Determine and define appropriate standards for deliverables from Editorial to other departments
- Work with the support engineers to maintain the integrity of the editing equipment, tracking and configuring media storage
- Ultimately accountable for the fulfilment of all department expectations
- 5 + years’ Editorial experience in animated feature films, VFX, and/or animated television
- Proven leadership experience within feature animation or VFX
- Senior proficiency with Avid Media Composer and other industry tools
- Understanding of colour space and its integration into a colour managed workflow
- Understanding of vision/audio monitoring
- Knowledge of the complete production ark from inception through to final delivery
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for monitoring shot and scene durations
- Strong understanding of media file formats and secure file sharing services
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise tasks while remaining calm under pressure
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to give or receive feedback, sharing knowledge as needed
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment with a proactive, positive attitude and approach to the role
- Ability to lead inspire, mentor, and motivate a team of Assistant Editors
- Establish and maintain positive cross-site relationships with senior members of the studio, WAG and other production staff
- Resourcefulness and creative approach to problem solving and troubleshooting with excellence in balancing quick turnarounds
Salary range CAD$100 – 130k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We have teams based in Sydney, LA and most recently Vancouver, within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part has just wrapped, with more animated features in the pipeline including DC’s Super Pets! Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800.
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and Super Pets. Recent productions include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!