We are currently looking for a Junior Artist to join our team in Vancouver! The Junior Artist will be able to cover a range of specialist skills, including decals, model packaging, colour boards, character design, props and environment design, and key lighting frames.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand the projects creative objectives
- Research and source as required any imagery to help with the production of the concept art
- Create model packs to feed production
- Create presentation material for the studio
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Understanding and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork
- Create high quality images to capture the mood, lighting and action of the written scenario
- Prepare for and participate in regular work in progress reviews, presentations and briefings from the director
- Prioritize and problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
- Knowledge of animated feature films or TV series
- Completed education in animation, film or a related field
- Experience in designing characters, props and environments
- 2D and 3D animation skills are a bonus
- Skilled in producing quick sketch ideas and iterations
- Strong drawing skills that display a knowledge of anatomy, perspective and design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, particularity Photoshop & Illustrator
- Working knowledge of Flash (After Effects) is a bonus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com
Why work for us?
Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, The LEGO® Batman Movie, and The Great Wall. Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!