Love movies? Want to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? We are looking for a Systems Engineer – Infrastructure Generalist to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (security, virtualization, Linux/Windows server environments, network, storage etc), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to use their initiative, previous experience and troubleshooting skills to proactively problem solve and to assist other engineers in the support, maintenance, design and implementation in all areas of Animal Logic’s core infrastructure.
What you bring:
- Demonstrated experience in at least three major technical areas and sound understanding of others (e.g. virtualization, Network services and protocols, cloud connectivity and security, Linux and/or Windows server infrastructure, Active Directory, NAS storage, file systems, file/folder permissions, DFS)
- Working experience with configuration management, infrastructure automation and monitoring
- Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell, Ansible, Terraform)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
The following will be beneficial:
- Experience with technology management and design in High Performance Computing environments
- Understanding and working experience in Cloud Compute, Storage and Networking
- Network architecture design including network segmentation strategies, Cloud connectivity and VoIP technologies
- Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and process issues and problems
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope
- Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
– RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
– VMWare vSphere and Horizon
– Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
– Network Monitoring and Centralized Logging
- Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables
- Providing input for the preparation of the department’s operational budgets for the fiscal year
- Sharing knowledge and providing best practices
- Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers
- Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!