Animal Logic is on a mission to create GREAT WORK, with GREAT PEOPLE.
To help us succeed in our mission, we are searching for a talented Pipeline Engineer to join our growing team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating software used by artists and TDs in various craft departments by building and integrating applications and libraries to support our studio pipeline/workflows.
You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry, an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew and demonstrated capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Execute the full software development lifecycle
- Adheres to R&D best practices of software development, including:
- solution design / review
- source version control
- code reviews
- testing, including TDD
- release management
- Work with the development team to ensure that the core tool infrastructure is operational and performing
- Ability to work with existing development processes and codebase
- Participate in development meetings with emphasis on inspecting and adapting processes that improve the development lifecycle
- Work with production team to understand requirements and build quality software that meet their needs
- Build technical and user documentation to support the systems and software tools.
What you bring:
- Experience working in software development for at least 3+ years in the same or similar industry
- A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Strong skills in Python
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture
- Deep understanding of Software Engineering Theory, Patterns and Best Practices
- Understanding of additional subject areas such as UI/UX, Software Configuration, Application
- Development, Asset Management as appropriate
- Ability to write Documentation targeting different audiences (e.g. Developers, TDs, Artists)
- Experience with Git/Github or other SCM systems, and any number of Build, CI, and Package
- Management systems (Jenkins, Rez, Cmake etc).
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills
- Willing to work in a production environment and collaborate with artistic staff
You might also have:
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with USD and/or other Scene/Renderer Description formats
- Performance Analysis, debugging, and optimization skills
- Familiarity with industry-standard open-source libraries such as OpenImageIO, Boost, OpenEXR, Qt/PyQt etc.
- Experience building and deploying web services
- People management/leadership experience within a development team
- Project management skills
Salary range CAD $98,500 – $130k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We have animation studios in Sydney, Australia and Vancouver, Canada and a development office in Los Angeles. Our Vancouver studio is within the creative precinct of Yaletown and is currently working on DC Super Pets, set for release in 2022. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800. This studio opened its doors in 2015 to begin work on the animated feature The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, which was released in 2019.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!