The Character FX Lead is a Houdini specialist, with extensive production experience, that can develop and test tools or workflows for character FX pipelines, overseeing a team of talented CFX artists on a new animated feature film to meet the creative vision for cloth, hair and skin for our characters.
What you’ll get to do:
- Organise and manage a team of CFX artists, providing guidance and support when required.
- Clearly communicate the overall brief and goals of a project to each member of the team.
- Work with the internal R&D department to further develop procedures, pipelines and designs of CFX tools.
- Drive the team reviews and offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed shots
- Participate in production pipeline problem solving.
- Document new techniques and distributes updates to peers, crew and Production Management.
- Support open communication across the company.
- Work with the CFX Supervisor or production team to prepare bids and pitches as required.
- Assist Production Management in preparation of final show reports as required.
- Ensure conflict is identified early (and escalated as appropriate) and constructive solutions are put in place to resolve/diffuse.
What you bring:
- At least 5 or more years CG production experience, with demonstrable expertise in high end character FX
- Proven experience in a leadership role is beneficial
- Expert level of understanding in Houdini
- Experience with cloth, fur and feather tools, proficiency in Vellum or Carbon solvers
- Strong scripting and/or programming experience
- Muscle and skin simulation experience a plus
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Must possess strong communication skills and be able to efficiently organise and prioritise the work of a team both technically and creatively.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!