Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Production Supervisor. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all processes, procedures, and deliverables for their respective departments and ensuring the outputs and interactions of those departments are aligned with production needs. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to Artist Management, the Production Manager and Associate Producer.
- Support the Production Manager in creating the master schedule for production and contribute to the overall scheduling of the project; execute department schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting
- Assist the Production Manager and Associate Producer in assigning appropriate resources to ensure completion of their respective departments goals
- Work closely with other Production Supervisors to ensure that inventory moves smoothly from one department to the next
- Deliver all department reports as requested by Production Manager or Associate Producer, maintaining awareness of status and progress of tasks within the craft groups with the ability to clearly report to the Production Manager or Associate Producer on these, at all times
- Support with hands-on mentoring, coaching and development of Production Coordinators within their departments ensuring scheduling, tracking, and reporting tasks meet expectations
- Partner with Craft Supervisors and Creative Leads to develop and document the appropriate review process, procedures and framework for each craft group overseen; contribute towards efficiencies and improvements when possible
- Set milestones, deadlines, and priorities as advised by the Production Manager within the craft groups; clearly communicate these to the Production Coordinators and update, as required, with any variances
Partner with Craft Supervisors, as required, for performance management of the team
Complete special projects as needed or requested
- 5 + years’ experience working within a production team in VFX, Animation Production, or a related industry
- 2 + years’ experience supervising production staff
- Senior production experience working on at least one feature animation or VFX project
- Thorough understanding of CG based workflows on a large scale production
- Technical knowledge/experience in film formats, digital media and film techniques
- Exceptional scheduling skills and working knowledge of database tracking software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel; MS Project is a plus
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail
- Proven organizational skills, including proactive prioritization, effective time-management and comfort level with rapid context-switching
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills
- Self-awareness: calm and focused presence and approach, even when under pressure
- Works well independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Fosters strong relationships and communication both within their team, across departments, and with a variety of personality types
- Adaptable to new processes and challenges while consistently maintaining high standards
- Proactive learner, successful mentor, and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience in Front-End Departments is a bonus
Salary range CAD$80 – 100k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We have animation studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development teams in LA. After the Vancouver studio wrapped in early 2019 on their first animated feature, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, production quickly began on their next project DC’s Super Pets! Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!