Are you excited about the possibility of taking on complex production finance duties for feature film projects?
Animal Logic is searching for a Production Accountant to provide support and assistance to the Production team in Vancouver by overseeing our budget. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to provide general and specialized analysis support and work closely with the Corporate Finance Department on production matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in and monitoring the allocation of labor costs between productions
- Assisting in the preparation of Estimated Final Cost Reports and production financial reports for submission to studio
- Providing tax credit analysis for all productions
- Providing support to the production management team on project financial matters
- Providing ad hoc analysis of production progress and budgeting
- Working with production team to resolve financial and budgetary issues
- Oversee generation of invoices for distribution to clients
- Reviewing expenses and project allocation for all direct project expenses
- Calculating and preparing monthly revenue calculations
- Preparation of production finance related journal entries
- Maintaining monthly general ledger reconciliations and invoice summaries.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 2+ years’ experience in an animation/VFX production accounting role
- Advanced Excel and Word proficiency
- Good financial analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work to deadlines and good time management skills
- The preference to work as part of a team and ability to be accountable for individual deliverables
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and influencing skills.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!