Are you a Lighting Artist with a creative passion and the technical skills to light shots and sequences for an animated feature?
What you’ll get to do:
- Bring shots from lighting production through to finalising based on project deadlines and milestone goals
- Follow Supervisor and Leads direction to create and design lighting for complex scenes; look developed assets, animation files and FX elements
- Polish the lighting on a shot and composite together assets and environment renders into a final shot, troubleshooting any issues
- Use appropriate compositing software to create a composite tree that combines the rendered levels and adjust the final composite until it meets the vision of the Directors and Supervisors
- Work closely with the Lighting Leads or other team members to adapt lighting rigs
- Communicate updates and track data per Production direction
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by supporting new tool development
- Work with the Creative leads to ensure that tools and procedures support the creative process
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature in Lighting
- Knowledge of Lighting in Maya and Compositing in Nuke
- Knowledge of rendering workflows
- Experience with Python and/or MEL is useful but not required
- Knowledge of the film post production process
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, design procedures and techniques
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
What you should demonstrate in your demo reel/portfolio:
- A good “eye”, and a good understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and lighting design
- Sound level of understanding of compositing and colour theory
- Examples of character and environment lighting
- Examples of lighting in different settings (i.e. day/night, exterior/interior)
- Examples of photography, painting, and drawing are helpful but not required
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!