Animal Logic – the Animation Studio that brought you Peter Rabbit – is growing in Vancouver! We are seeking a dedicated Assistant Editor to join our Editorial team in creating the best possible projects.
As our new Assistant Editor, you will support the shot departments and maintain the integrity of the edits. You will be reviewing shots and conforming edits, as well as outputting scene deliveries and reference edits to production. You may also be running review sessions with Dept. Heads cross-site and editing internal showreels.
What you’ll get to do:
• Update and publish scene edits to production
• Create change lists & scene reports
• Maintain and manage an Avid project structure
• Review and conform media
• Export and deliver files as required
• Troubleshoot shot queries from production
• Prep sequences for review
• Run internal crew and supervisor screenings
• QC of shots and sequences
• Ensure Edit Tools are functioning correctly and reporting issues to the Edit TD
• Contribute new ideas and solutions to the Animal Logic workflow
• Technical aptitude with media file formats, audio monitoring and editing tools
• Take creative initiative with internal sizzle reels, animology/ showtime reels or other internal projects
• Communicate any relevant information regarding the placement/changes to shots in the edit to production teams
What you bring:
• 1+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
• 1+ years’ experience in Editorial
• Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio.
• Ability to work with Avid MediaComposer effectively.
• Excellent understanding of film/vfx project setups and workflows
• Proficient knowledge and working understanding of industry software and customized tools
• Strong technical and creative editing skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnarounds
• Excellent attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise tasks whilst remaining calm under pressure
• Proactive, accurate and positive attitude and approach to the role
• Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
• Ability to work cohesively, efficiently, and positively within a team environment.
It is not the intent of this description to limit this position in any way but to give an overview of this role at Animal Logic. You may be required at times to work in other areas as directed.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!