Animal Logic – the studio that brought you Peter Rabbit – is expanding in Vancouver!
We are looking to add an experienced, organized, and energetic Artist Manager to work with digital artists in growing their careers. The Artist Manager will be responsible for managing performance, development, and ongoing opportunities within the studio while contributing to our positive and supportive culture.
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide leadership and advocacy for the Artists, including representing the group and individual needs to production & studio management, supporting career development, and ensuring resources are provided
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; take steps to ensure that Artists feel connected to the studio
- Work closely with Recruiting to ensure they have appropriate position briefs and updates on projections
- Ensure a regular assessment of salaries is conducted across the Artist group
- Ensure Artists receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing positive recognition as well as addressing areas for improvement and development
- Conduct formal performance reviews for all Artists, with input from supervisors and production management
- Identify training needs and skills gaps in partnership with the Learning and Development Manager
- Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and that Artists are kept abreast of the forecasted needs where possible
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members to establish confidence and trust
- Communicate related Company plans and objectives back to the Artists
- Consult and work with HR on employee issues
What you bring:
- Previous experience managing a team or teams of people in a creative or production environment
- Previous experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry with direct involvement in hiring, onboarding, managing Artists
- Experience in a large global studio preferable
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathize and resolve conflicts
- Experience in managing the annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
- Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
- Previous experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders and balancing differing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround
- Excellent attention to detail
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!