We are looking for an experienced 3D Environment and Set Designer to work within Animal Logic’s art department on an animated feature! Your role will be to design, visualise and rapid prototype environments in 3D, and help define the intended visual direction for the film.
What you’ll get to do:
- Translate written, verbal or visual briefs into 3D representations of sets and environments.
- Model in a variety of styles, from low polygon pre-vis sets through to fully lit and surfaced environments.
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed.
- Understand and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork.
- Contribute to the design of a major animated motion picture.
- Collaborate with leading talent in the animation and film industry on a world class production.
What you’ll bring:
- The ability to translate a written or verbal brief into 3D concept models.
- Experience in using 3D software such as Blender or Maya to rapidly model and prototype designs in 3D.
- The ability to model, shade and light in 3D.
- The ability to sketch out ideas before modelling.
- The ability to hand off well organised scenes that adhere to pipeline specifications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite, Nuke or other equivalent 2D software a plus.
- Knowledge of real-time 3D platforms such as Omniverse or Unreal Engine a plus.
- Experience in matte painting a plus.
- The ability to optimize scenes to work in real-time platforms a plus.
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction and constructive feedback.
- 3+ years Experience in a Film, Animation, VFX or Games production environment, and/or strong portfolio displaying relevant skills.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!