We are seeking a System Support Engineering Supervisor who is committed to leading and managing a customer focused Support team in a dynamic environment.
As the Systems Support Engineering Supervisor you will strive to improve departmental service and performance, reduce costs through efficient utilisation and management of support systems; and maximise business productivity by having the responsiveness and flexibility necessary to meet changing production demands.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and monitor performance, quality, and completeness of work within the Systems Support Engineering Team to ensure that team goals for responsiveness, quality, and service levels are met or exceeded.
- Monitor incoming requests, and delegate work efficiently to ensure successful completion of projects and tasks across crew members of all skill levels.
- Refine time management skills to consistently meet service level goals, and supervise time management across all Technical Support personnel.
- Effectively manage time for team and oneself.
- Provide first level of escalation for sensitive or technically difficult problems.
- Investigate issues, documenting the problem(s) and resolving when possible.
- Provide the critical customer service interface between IT operations and production staff including animators, compositors, coordinators & producers to meet daily support needs
- Participate in the recruiting and interview process for new employees as required.
- Provide management with reports on support team performance when requested.
- Ensure accuracy of hardware and software database information related to support calls.
- Effectively manage multiple activities/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced high-pressure environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar role
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience is required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering
- Creative industry experience (desirable but not essential)
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system usage and support required. Experience in Macintosh and Linux support preferred.
- Strong understanding of desktop and server relationships and operating systems required.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: DNS, FTP, HTTP, Apache, Mozilla, software installation as a minimum.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and multitasking skills.
- Strong hands-on technical abilities
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commences in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Vancouver has some awesome opportunities available. So come and join us as we set up our Vancouver studio, build to our first production and grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.