Surfacing Artist (Technical) – LEGO ® 2 (Vancouver)
We are currently looking for a technical Surfacing Artist to work on Lego 2 in Vancouver!
Surfacing Artists at Animal Logic are responsible for giving models the visual surface qualities that make them appear believable. Surfacing can encompass texture painting, procedural texturing, shading networks, sculpting, grooming and UV layout.
Responsibility highlights include:
- Produce high quality digital texture/lookdev work that meets all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all surfacing works through the pipeline
Requirement highlights include:
- 3+ years’ experience working on high quality texturing, shading and lookdev (preferably photo-realistic) for feature films, TV and/or animated features
- Production experience with procedural shading, scripting and/or node based grooming/instancing tools
- Extensive production experience with Mari
- Extensive production experience in Maya and experience in a modern raytracing package
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Possess excellent organizational and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the team and the project
- Sculpting experience with Mudbox is a bonus
- Experience scripting in Python is a bonus
- A traditional arts background in a relevant field is an advantage
Why work for us?
Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs.
Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie (2017), The Great Wall (2016) and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short (2016). Animal Logic is currently in production on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.