‘Cover your butts’ it’s The LEGO ® Movie Sequel!
We are looking for an experienced Pipeline Developer to join the global Pipeline team, responsible for creating software used by artists in various craft departments. As a member of the team you will be building tools and interfaces, enabling asset flow, scene assembly and scene manipulation, to support and manage complex workflows in a highly iterative pipeline.
You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry and have an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew, and have demonstrated your capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
We will be adapting our existing Lego pipeline to meet the creative requirements of several new films and you will collaborate daily with production and technical personnel in both Vancouver and Sydney.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Post-Secondary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience developing software in Python and C++
- Experience building user interfaces with pyQT
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with the APIs of industry standard applications such as Maya, XSI, Nuke, etc.
- Knowledge of Rendering, Shading, CharFX, Linear Algebra and other related areas a plus
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Familiarity with design patterns and their appropriate use
- Good team spirit and ability to collaborate with artists and other developers in a deadline oriented environment
If you are interested in applying for this position then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commences in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Vancouver has some awesome opportunities available. So come and join us as we set up our Vancouver studio, build to our first production and grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.