Project: LEGO® Ninjago
Contract type: Short Term (2-3 months)
We are currently looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to work on LEGO® Ninjago for a short contract.
The main duty of a Lighting Artist will be to use creative and technical skills to light shots and sequences. Facilitating shots through the lighting and rendering pipeline
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Creative leads to interpret the visual goals in context of the tools and processes of the project
- Maintain consistency of lighting across all shots
- Ability to troubleshoot common rendering issues
- Bring shots from lighting production through to finaling based on project deadlines and milestone goals
- Understand the role and importance that lighting plays in the story-telling process
- Completion of degree program or working equivalent
- Sound level of understanding of 3D packages and rendering technology
- Sound level of understanding of compositing and colour theory
- Have a thorough understanding of the film post production process
- Must have a good “eye”, and a good understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and lighting design
- Knowledge of rendering workflows
- Understand visual requirements for film, and design procedures and techniques to support the visual goals
- Knowledge of Python or MEL in production is a plus
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie (2017), The Great Wall (2016) and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short (2016). Animal Logic is currently in production on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.