To support our production structure we are seeking a Senior Artist Manager for our Vancouver studio. This role reports into the Executive Vice President & General Manager of the Studio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage, coach and mentor Artists/TDs in the Vancouver studio
- Work with Production and Recruitment to schedule existing and new hires into appropriate roles and establish longer term recruitment needs
- Managing artist reviews, artist training and project scheduling to help develop and nurture career growth of the artists
- Work with Craft Supervisors, Leads and Production to cultivate a strong studio culture and keep artists motivated and engaged
- Conduct project/yearly compensation and performance reviews in collaboration with Craft Supervisors and Leads
- Work with management team and HR on talent management strategies and processes
- Working in with Head of Artist Management and peers across the various Animal Logic studios in Australia and the US
- Work with facility managers on seating arrangements and structure for artists in the studio
- Represent artists at in regard to productions and talent development
To be successful in this role, the following is required of all candidates:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years’ experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry
- At least five years’ experience as an artist manager
- Experience in a large global studio
- Deep experience in recruitment, hiring and onboarding artists
- Extensive experience in managing, coaching, developing and mentoring a large number (50+) of direct reports
- Deep knowledge and experience in managing the annual compensation review process, employee contract renewals, salary negotiations, promotions, intra-company transfer offers and resource planning.
- Experience in working closely with executive teams and HR teams
- Experience in developing talent management strategies and process improvements.
- Ability to think laterally and take a pragmatic approach in order to represent the individual needs of both artists and production crew, within the parameters of a project-based production environment
- Well-developed inter-personal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels
- Experience in dealing with group dynamics and conflict resolution
- Experience working with forecasting, budgeting and schedules
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro and Microsoft Project an advantage
Salary range is CAD$105,000+ and extended medical benefits. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our websitehttp://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commences in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline. Our studio is located at 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Vancouver has some awesome opportunities available. So come and join us as we set up our Vancouver studio, build to our first production and grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.