We are looking for a Render Wrangler Technician to ensure render jobs within production are delivered in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring the render-queuing system (farm) is constantly monitored to help achieve efficient and trouble free rendering.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with artists and Render Supervisor to diagnose production rendering problems
- Monitor production render queues and respond to identified errors/faults
- Manage production render resource allocations
- Work with production to identify render farm priorities (shows, department, shots)
- Analyze and report system failures to System Administration where required
- Escalate system faults in a timely manner and ensure follow through where required
- Working with the Supervisor and artists on the delivery of the final rendered computer graphics elements for animation of film
- When appropriate, provide ideas to the Supervisor to assist in developing and refining efficiency of render wrangling on animated feature films
- Work with Supervisor, production and tech staff to determine render projections
- Previous experience at an Animation or VFX studio
- Previous experience in a digital artist support position
- Computer graphics or rendering experience highly regarded
- Experience using Maya, Python, or Nuke
- University degree in animation/VFX is preferred
- Familiarity with most basic system artist tools and processes, networked/distributed computing concepts, and scripting languages (eg. Perl, Python)
- Interest in computer animation and visual effects is an asset
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize request with competing deadlines
Why work for us?
Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented – that’s what our employees say
Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
Strong pipeline – we are always pushing the development of the pipeline to create more efficient ways to create top quality work
Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Click here and you’re on your way to applying – http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie (2017), The Great Wall (2016) and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short (2016). Animal Logic is currently in production on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.