The Pipeline TD (Assets) will be responsible for creative problem solving in relation to complex pipelines and assets, user support, environment and character pipeline development, environment shot assembly and technical direction.
The Pipeline TD (Assets) will need to be well versed in all issues involved with managing a large scale asset and environment pipeline. Concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval should be clearly understood so as to enable efficient and articulate assistance to all artists – in particular Modelling and Surfacing (LookDev) artists.
In addition to their support role, the Pipeline TD (Assets) will also be required to troubleshoot shot based workflows and assets within the environment pipeline, ensuing that highly optimised assets retain intended creative representations.
Pipeline TD (Assets) will also be called upon to interact with R&D and other TDs with clear and concise tool briefs, bug repros, and feature requests; to achieve the creative goals of the Asset Dept.
The following will be highly regarded:
- 3 years minimum experience in CG production such as feature animation, VFX projects or television commercials.
- Experience with a large scale animation pipelines
- Experience in at least one high end 3D software package, e.g. Maya
- Good generalist skills with a solid understanding of all departments
- A focus on quality control
- Highly organised
- Experience working closely with the art department
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience working with the R&D department
- Experience in training and managing a team
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Physics or equivalent
The following is required of all candidates:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commences in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Vancouver has some awesome opportunities available. So come and join us as we set up our Vancouver studio, build to our first production and grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.