Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Lead Animator. The position involves motivating and leading a team of animators, working closely with the Animation Supervisor and Director to realize their vision, while ensuring the standard and quality of the animation produced is consistently high. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to Artist Management and the Animation Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership, direction and allocation of work to the animators within your team
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members and ensure they are properly supported and mentored
- When required produce high quality animation in line with the Directors creative vision
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments and communicate with these departments as needed
- Understand the overall brief and goals of a project and communicates this clearly to each member of the team
- Delegates work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
- Drives team reviews and, when appropriate, will offer creative feedback on reviewed shots
- Prioritize and break down a project into organized parts
- 7+ years’ experience on VFX / Animated feature films, TV series or games
- 7+ years’ experience working in Animation
- Recognized post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field preferable
- Working experience and a deep knowledge of animation techniques and a proficiency in 3d software packages, particularly Maya and XSI, within a feature film animation pipeline
- Previous experience supporting a team of animators with the ability to direct and lead while keeping artists motivated and on track
- Proven ability to produce feature film quality character animation in a range of styles
- Deep understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character performance such as posing, timing, acting and storytelling techniques
- A deep knowledge of the principles of animation with a keen eye for character posing and staging
- A deep understanding of anatomy, movement and basic real world physics and their application for animation
- Understand department pipelines including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- A demonstrated passion and ability in 3d animation; enthusiasm, positivity, initiative and talent as well as an understanding for taking direction and performing tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to multitask, priorities and balance workloads to achieve deadlines within a team environment
- Ability to effectively work, communicate and provide feedback with all personality types
Why work for us?
Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs. Just make sure to tell us why you want this job in your cover letter.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie. Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!