We are currently looking for a Layout Supervisor for our Animated Feature, LEGO® 2!
The Layout Supervisor is primarily responsible for translating sequences from storyboards to CG sequences. Overseeing both layout and final camera framing and movement on the film, the Layout Supervisor will be the point person for all things camera related, as well as maintaining continuity across sequences. The Layout Supervisor essentially acts as Director of Photography on an animated feature. Everything will be awesome if you’re part of this team!
- Working closely with the Director, Co-Director, Production Designer, Art Director, Animation Supervisor and Stereographer to define and maintain the visual style of the film
- Clearly understanding the creative requirements of a sequence and drive the Layout team to achieve these creative goals
- Work closely with CG sups to adjust layout workflow to suit creative requirements of production. This includes ensuring all workflows and results are of the highest standard from layout to final camera including stereo
- Identifying any inefficiencies and working with relevant departments and supervisors to rectify the issues
- Providing detailed and specific feedback to the Layout department when necessary
- Working closely with production to ensure all targets are met and identifying any issues that may impact the schedule
- Experience in a similar role
At least 8 or more years CG production experience. High-level creative position on large scale feature a must
- Expert level cinematography knowledge and understanding and scene layout
- Proven ability in producing high quality camera work or composition
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent visual communication skills, including (but not limited to) drawing
- Strong knowledge of both production and technical resources
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Experience with stereoscopic ideal, but not essential
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie (2017), The Great Wall (2016) and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short (2016). Animal Logic is currently in production on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.